Citizen Corps Council
Go Back to Programs and Services
The mission of the Cape Cod Citizen Corps Council is to harness the power of every individual through education, training and volunteer service to make Cape Cod safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to the threats of terrorism, crime, public health issues and disasters of all kinds.
Active Members of the CC Citizen Corps Council
The Cape Cod Citizen Corps Council is comprised of representatives of various Citizen Corps component and affiliate programs in Barnstable County:
- CERT: Community Emergency Response Teams
- ARC: American Red Cross of the Cape & Islands
- Elder Services of Cape Cod
- ARES: Amateur Radio Emergency Services
- Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe – Emergency Preparedness
- DART: Disaster Animal Response Team
- Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee
- Cape Cod Medical Reserve Corps
- New York Life – Business community partner
What does the Cape Cod Citizen Corps Council work on?
The Cape Cod Citizen Corps Council works to promote citizen involvement in various emergency preparedness and response programs. The members continue to develop a peer-to-peer network of program coordinators in the Cape Cod community. The Barnstable County Department of Health and Environment is the host agency to the CC CCC. BCDHE organizes regional meetings, training opportunities, shares best practices through the BC Regional Emergency Planning Committee, and provides technical assistance to program managers involved in Citizen Corps Council.
The CC CCC meets monthly and reports as a subcommittee to the Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee.