The members of this public health coalition work collaboratively to enhance our communities on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket through our capacity to share resources, information and ongoing trainings that prepares us to respond to public health threats and emergencies, including terrorism and outbreaks of infectious diseases.
Specifically, coalition members will work collaboratively to:
- Assess and monitor regional emergency planning and response needs;
- Make funding decisions to enhance regional emergency planning and public health response capacity;
- Submit plans, needs, and requests to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Center for Emergency Preparedness;
- Be accountable and responsible for the use of CDC funding;
- Coordinate with other public health coalitions to ensure that all municipalities in the Southeast Region are represented in a coalition and to enhance overall preparedness throughout the Region;
- Share knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices throughout the Commonwealth by participating in regional and statewide meetings;
- Coordinate efforts to further emergency preparedness with other existing regional or local plans (e.g., MEMA); and
- Meet the other goals associated with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Emergency Preparedness initiatives as well as other regional public health efforts.
Membership of the Cape & Islands Health Agents Coalition consists of a member or designee of the local public health authority for the following cities/towns in this sub-regional coalition: Aquinnah, Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Chatham, Chilmark, Dennis, Eastham, Edgartown, Falmouth, Gosnold, Harwich, Mashpee, Nantucket, Oak Bluffs, Orleans, Provincetown, Sandwich, Tisbury, Truro, Wellfleet, West Tisbury, Yarmouth. Each member has one (1) vote, for a total of 23 votes for this sub-regional coalition in Region 5 of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Download a current list of member contact information: Health Agent Contact List
Get the latest news and announcements from the Health Agents Coalition including information on upcoming meetings.
References and Resources
Here you will find meeting agendas and minutes for each of the monthly meetings of the Cape and Island Health Agents Coalition. Meeting agendas will be posted prior to each meeting. Meeting minutes will be posted after approval by the Coalition. When available, materials from Coalition meeting presentations will also be posted.
Resources pertaining to Open Meeting Law Regulations can be found here.